Most Nigerians shop online mainly with their ATM cards at ridiculously high rate of 365/$ when there are other cheaper options like paypal at 340/$, payoneer at 350/$, gift cards at 320/$ etc
Shopping online is an easy and fun way to buy items. It can be a pain if you don’t have a credit card. There are many online store that accept different payment options. Here are some of the alternative options to paying with a credit card when you shop online.
Buy with your debit card:
Most sites that accept credit cards will also accept debit cards. Debit cards are easy to get because they come with any bank account. It allows you to use your checkbook for easy record-keeping of what you buy. It is also faster than other options. Since credit cards can lead to debt, using a debit card can save you from that problem because it takes the money directly out of your bank account.
- To buy with a debit card, you enter the card number on the payment page just like you would a credit card. Sometimes, however, you might have to put in your PIN number.
- It can be risky because it gives direct access to your checking account. It could possibly be used for fraud.
Use an online payment company:
There are some online companies that act as a payment service for you. With these services, such as PayPal or Payoneer, you don’t have to give your information directly to the website that you are buying from. You connect a debit card or checking account to your virtual account on the online platform on their site. You can then buy whatever you want and the payment company will take care of it.
- You use these sites by creating an account. Chose the sign up option from their site. You will need to create a profile. You typically need to pick a username and password and add your email address. You will have to create answers for challenge questions that are used for your security. You then provide them with your address and additional personal information. Then you put in the information of the checking account you want linked to the account.
- Many online retailers accept these forms of payment, but not all do. Make sure you check whatever store you are buying from.
Purchase items with gift cards:
Gift cards can be used at many online store such as Amazon, Ebay, Apple, google, and Hallmark. You can use a gift card to buy any item from the online store, just like you would cash in a real store. You can also add the card balance to your account to be used the next time you buy something. The processes of using gift cards is similar across sites. If you want to use it on a particular purchase, you can enter it on your payment page when you are checking out. There is typically an option to redeem a gift card on your payment screen. You then locate the claim code on the card and enter it into the site.
- To add the money to your account, go to your account page on the site. Choose to add a gift card to your account from this page. Enter the claim code and then hit submit or apply.
- For plastic gift cards, you may need to scratch off the coating on the back of the card to see the code. The claim code is different than 16-digit card number.
- Purchase gift debit cards. Gift debit cards (ie. Visa Gift Card, AMEX Gift Card,etc.) are accepted anywhere debit cards are accepted. You will likely be able to purchase them at a store that sells gift cards. They work like gift cards, however they are accepted anywhere debit cards are accepted, and some can be re-loaded.
In Conclusion, rather than buying directly online by linking your ATM cards, its quite cheap and safe to use paypal as a form of payment on any website that accept paypal as a form of payment.
Its quite easy and safe to fund your paypal account at just 340/$ without the need to use your ATM card at 365/$.
Also, if you are the window shopping type that likes to explore online stores and buy things you find useful, amazon and ebay are your best bet as they offer a very cheap payment via their gift card options which you can easily buy as low as 280/$ and use for your purchases on these websites.
Lastly, Thefxchanger offers sourcing, payment and shipping services to assist those who do not really know how these things work. All you need to do is send us links to items youd like to purchase on Amazon, ebay or any other online store and we will reply with the quote in naira and shipping fee to get the items delivered to your doorstep from USA within 8 to 10 days.
For more inquiries, contact thefxchanger on whatsapp 08060389161.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I open a personal paypal account?
- Can I operate a paypal account for my business?
- How do I open a paypal account?
- How do I avoid paypal limitation issues?
- How do I fund my paypal account safely without getting scammed?
- Where can I buy gift cards?
- Do you solve paypal limitation issues?