It is well known that Nigerian PayPal accounts can not conveniently send and receive funds. But, that’s mostly for the personal account. With a business account, you will be able to receive payments on your website as a merchant.
Most Nigerian freelancers and online business owners don’t use Nigerian PayPal accounts because of the limitations. They prefer to create foreign PayPal accounts. But, if you have a website or online store, you can make use of a business account for that. So many people don’t really understand how PayPal works. There are two types of PayPal accounts;
- Personal account
A Nigerian personal PayPal account is mainly used for sending money and shopping online. You can’t use it to receive funds. They also have sending limits so you can’t use the personal account to send large funds.
- Business account
This is for people who have online businesses. A verified PayPal business account has no limit to how much you can send or receive. A Nigerian business PayPal account allows you to receive payments on your stores using PayPal API keys. As a merchant, you can integrate on your website and collect payments from there.
Here’s how to open a Nigerian business PayPal account;
- Visit the PayPal Business Sign up link
- Fill in your Email address
- Fill the signup form correctly with accurate information
- Click “Agree and Continue”
- Fill in your business information and click “Continue”
- Provide needed information about yourself and click “Submit”
- Provide additional details about your organization ( a short questionnaire about tax return) and click “Continue”
- Certify and click “submit”
- Go to your mailbox to click on your email confirmation link
That’s how you create a Nigerian PayPal business account. You can send and receive payments through your website. However, to lift transaction limits and verify your PayPal account, you need to link a Card or Bank.
Remember, a Nigerian business PayPal doesn’t allow someone spends money sends our PayPal email. The person will see an error message in his or her PayPal dashboard. So you can only use this account to accept PayPal payments through your website.